Here she is in all her wrinkled glory. I swear I ironed it. I think I’m going to have to get some spray starch for this one.
Here’s a pic of my bound buttonhole. I’m really happy that I forced myself to go with my original plan. I think I would’ve felt cheated otherwise.
That’s it for now. I’m working on my Simplicity 1426 bralette top and the FBA has proved to be challenging for this D-cup wearing seamstress. Also, I don’t want to have buttonholes at the back so I’m trying to decide between hook and eye tape or a zipper.
I cut out one bodice and ruined my red/white gingham material because I cut the waist too narrow (I’m talking 3 inches so all the sucking in in the world wasn’t going to help that situation). The second bodice I cut out should fit much better because I’m low-carbing it for a while so my stomach will be nice and flat and I won’t feel uncomfortable. Anyway, I’ll have pics next time.
Oh and I found some great stretch gabardine for Butterick 6019. I’ve been looking for stretch bengaline because one of my favorite dresses from Stop Staring, the Billion Dollar Baby, is made from it.
So far no luck though, but I’m going to continue looking. In the meantime, back to my bralette and some other projects I’ll reveal later.