She’s coming along nicely. I’m almost finished with the buttonholes (I have to wait until the lining is sewn in before I can make the buttonholes in the facing). Also, for the first time, I cut bias strips of fusible interfacing for the hem because that’s the way it was done in the instructions. My plan was to bag the hem, but it’s too short so after it’s stitched in and tacked at the waist and shoulders, I’ll attach it with thread chains. That’s what I get for not reading through the instructions before starting.
Anyhow it’s overcast today, but I took a couple of pics during the brief periods of sunlight.
Voila, the buttonholes!
Believe it or not, I’ve been pressing while I sew, but because my sewing area is so small that my coat keeps getting wrinkled. When I’m finished, I’ll give it a good pressing and steaming so it looks nice and crisp.